Friday, May 30, 2014

Paint Sample Calendar


I am a big organization freak, and calendars are one way for me to keep up with important events, appointments and birthdays (cause come on, we can't remember everything no matter how hard we try).  Using paint samples, I have an easy and colorful way to make a custom calendar.  Not to mention this project is CHEAP!

What you'll need:
Paint samples
Poster board
Picture frame
Scissors
Ruler

Start by going to Lowes or Home Depot and picking out some paint sample colors of your choosing (they're free!).  I decided to go with three colors but you can use however many you want.  You will need enough for six rows of seven sample colors.


First, I cut the poster board to the size of the picture frame (I used a 16x20" frame). Then I cut the paint samples to the size I wanted my boxes; I chose to make them 2.5" squares.  I arranged them on the poster board and pasted them down, leaving a 1/4" space between each square.


Put the poster board inside the picture frame and you're finished.  Just jot down your dates, and when the month is over, you simply erase and you have a brand new calendar for next month!





Pin It Now!

5 comments: